CALL FOR APPLICATION: ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT OFFICERGMC Support
The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC), a subsidiary of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency SOC Ltd (an initiative by the Gauteng Provincial Government for investing in strategic economic infrastructure and investment promotion so as to unlock economic growth in Gauteng). The Innovation Hub is the first Science and Technology Park in Southern Africa, established to spur the growth of smart industries in Gauteng so as to create a truly ‘smart’ province. It is now offering the following opportunity to a competent and dedicated person to join a dynamic team in Pretoria East.
ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Permanent contract of employment with three months’ probation, Patterson Grade C3, Salary-R R368 996.00 Cost to Company
Reporting directing to Manager: Supply Chain management the successful incumbent will be required to provide support in the Supply Chain department, ensuring the successful delivery of Supply Chain Management system. The deliverables are as follows:
- Prepare and issue tender advertisements on government tender bulletin and appropriate medium
- Provide administrative support to bid specification, bid evaluation and bid adjudication committees
- Coordinate tender clarification / site inspection meetings
- Conduct administrative compliance check on bids and quotations in terms of requirements such as CIDB, CSD, B-BBEE and tax
- Prepare bids and proposals, supporting spreadsheets, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications; assist in tender openings; obtain quotes when indicated
- Compile and present bid process report and recommendation to bid adjudication committee for award
- Assist in evaluating quotations for complex quotations with value under R500K
- Manage and maintain supplier information as listed on National Treasury Central Supplier Database
- Issue Requests for Quotations in line with specifications requirement
- Advise on suitable sourcing strategy based on market analysis information commodity requirements and commodity type
- Provide inputs in terms of procurement plan performance, monitoring and reporting
- Providing administrative support in the bid/quotation process
- Report on SCM information as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate and implement projects within the area of responsibility
- Implement recommendations from stakeholders
- Comply and enforce compliance with all legislative requirements which include: PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Practice notes, PPPFA and associated regulations, BBBEE codes
- Implement SCM risk response plan in area of responsibility
- Implement applicable policies pertaining to area of responsibility
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- National Diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- A CIPS qualification is advantageous
- More than 3 years Demand Management and Acquisition management experience and strong administration capabilities
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations, PFMA, Practice notes, PPPFA and associated regulations,BBBEE
- Basic accounting skills
- Event coordination skills is advantageous
- Strong organisational skills (able to manage various tasks and projects simultaneously)
- Proficiency at an advanced level in MS office
- Project coordination skills
- Excellent communications, written and verbal, proficiency in English
- Time management
- The highest level of client and business confidentiality at all times
- Ability to ensure that the standards, disciplines, and procedures of the company are strictly maintained
- Ability to assist with the preparation to a budget
- Results focused.
Interested individuals should submit a comprehensive CV (clearly stating the position title) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence will be conducted with shortlisted candidates only.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants, who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date, should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021.
TIHMC is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Download – PDF