CALL FOR APPLICATION: COMMERCIALISATION SPECIALIST: MAXUM DIGITALGMC Support
The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC), a subsidiary of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency SOC Ltd (an initiative by the Gauteng Provincial Government for investing in strategic economic infrastructure and investment promotion so as to unlock economic growth in Gauteng). The Innovation Hub is the first Science and Technology Park in Southern Africa, established to spur the growth of smart industries in Gauteng so as to create a truly ‘smart’ province. It is now offering the following opportunity to a competent and dedicated person to join a dynamic team in Pretoria East.
COMMERCIALISATION SPECIALIST: MAXUM DIGITAL
Permanent contract of employment with three months’ probation, Patterson Grade D2, Salary-R 611 077.00 Cost to Company
The purpose of this role is managing the successful delivery of incubation and ensure operation and use of the Maxum Digital business incubator facility. Facilitation and achievement of enterprise development goals and objectives. To facilitate the development of high-tech start-up businesses by providing guidance, support and monitoring to ensure successes in the pre-incubation and incubation programmes Reporting directing to Senior Manager: Business Incubator Maxum the successful incumbent will be required to provide the following deliverables:
- Develop, implement, and monitor initiatives appropriate for Maxum Digital business incubation
- Manage and improve incubation service offerings for all portfolio companies with an emphasis on ensuring high graduation rates of companies under incubation
- Co-ordinate and develop a solid pipeline for programme intake
- Recruitment, screening and retention of start-ups in the Digital sector
- Provide business development support and advice on relevant training for portfolio companies
- Management of the mentorship programme
- Draft quarterly progress reports and update plans on a quarterly basis and as and when requested
- Coordinate programme events
- Work intimately with entrepreneurs and start- up companies in The Innovation Hub Management Companies’ incubation programme with the goal of ensuring effective incubation of innovative technology-based ideas, and growth of sustainable businesses
- Participate in the department’s business, planning, proposing new initiatives, operational targets, and service delivery improvements; coach employees in achieving objectives; finds solutions or alternatives to problems and recommends course of action.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate needs to be in possession of a Bachelors’ Degree or National Diploma in Commercialisation, Information Technology, Business Management or Entrepreneurship (or equivalent)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in business or SME development, incubation or working with emerging or early start-up businesses in the ICT/Digital sector
- The candidate must have the ability to foster, nurture and encourage growth amongst the entrepreneur and the business. Excellent stakeholder relationship management supported by strong negotiation, communication and networking experience is essential. Programme and/or Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation experience is a plus
- Leadership Skills, creativity, and a strong aspiration to achieve customer excellence
- Problem solving and analysis
- Client orientation and customer focus
- Understanding of SME Development
- Public speaking confidence and
- Information sourcing
Interested individuals should submit a comprehensive CV (clearly stating the position title) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence will be conducted with shortlisted candidates only.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants, who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date, should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021.
TIHMC is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Download – PDF