CALL FOR APPLICATION: MANAGER STRATEGY AND PLANNING FOR GAUTENG GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (GGDA)GGDA Web Admin
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
• Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
• The Innovation Hub (TIH)
• Constitution Hill (ConHill)
• Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
• Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
• Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
• Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
• Supporting the development of key sectors of the Economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
✓ Business enablement
✓ Establishment of capital projects
✓ Land development
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Corporate Strategy and Planning.
• Develop a planning calendar in line with DED and Office of the Premier planning timeframes.
• Prepare summaries of key government policy documents and reports and conduct additional background research that will inform the organizational situational environment.
• Assist business units and subsidiaries in setting SMART outcomes and output indicators and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Department of Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME)’s Revised Framework for Strategic Plans and Annual Performance Plans.
• Coordinate inputs from Subsidiaries and Holding business units on the Strategic Plan, Annual Performance Plan and Operational Plan
• Coordinate inputs from Subsidiaries and holding business divisions for the input on the Programme of Action
• Develop Technical Indicator Descriptions aligned to annual performance plan.
• Analyze Subsidiaries Annual Performance Plans and strategic plans to align with GGDA strategic plan and Annual Performance Plan
• Coordinate the process of cascading the GGDA annual performance plan into the operational plan and performance plans.
• Provide strategic support and assistance to GGDA business units as well as Subsidiaries in relation to strategic planning and the strategic planning process.
• Assist in coordinating and attending the GGDA strategic planning sessions.
• Maintain relationships with various stakeholders in order to foster effective communication and ensure appropriate relationships are maintained.
• Manage stakeholders relevant to the functional area and attend to all related meetings with the concurrence of the supervisor
• Ensure appropriate communication actions (notices, reminders, follow-ups), manage and oversee the required interaction between the unit and other internal clients regarding the implementation of the strategic, annual and operational plans.
• Under the direction of the Senior Manager: Corporate Strategy and Planning, assist in the implementation of effective coordination mechanisms for all strategic and operational plans for the entire group.
• Ensure compliance to Corporate Governance Framework such as Companies Act and King IV including the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
• Ensure adherence to the GGDA’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, sound business practices
• In line with the strategic and operational plans assist subsidiaries with regard to the best operating model to achieve the GGDA objectives.
• Assist in ensuring implementation of the agreed upon institutional transformation programmes to ensure that the organization at all levels reflects the transformation objectives of the GPG and GGDA.
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Diploma or NQF level 6 or equivalent qualification. (Public Administration, Social Sciences, Commerce and Business Administration)
• At least 3 years’ experience with a proven track record in government planning
• Working knowledge of PFMA and relevant regulations/laws
• Financial management and budgeting;
• Excellent communication and lobbying skills and ability to communicate across the various levels of government
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills
• Detailed knowledge of socio-economic aspects relating to the Gauteng province
• Detailed knowledge of national and provincial government priorities and frameworks
• Comprehensive understanding and experience of forecasting, budgeting and financial management
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 05 July 2021 @12h00 Midday and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download – PDF