CALL FOR APPLICATION: OFFICE MANAGER: OFFICE OF THE CEOGMC Support
The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC), a subsidiary of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency SOC Ltd (an initiative by the Gauteng Provincial Government for investing in strategic economic infrastructure and investment promotion so as to unlock economic growth in Gauteng). The Innovation Hub is the first Science and Technology Park in Southern Africa, established to spur the growth of smart industries in Gauteng so as to create a truly ‘smart’ province. It is now offering the following opportunity to a competent and dedicated person to join a dynamic team in Pretoria East.
OFFICE MANAGER: OFFICE OF THE CEO
Permanent contract of employment with three months’ probation, Patterson Grade C5, Salary-R 592 582.00 Cost to Company
The purpose of this role is to provide professional and executive support to the CEO. The successful incumbent will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be required to provide the following deliverables:
- Act as a formal channel of communication between the Office of the CEO, other Departments and organisations
- Oversee and follow up with Executives reporting to the CEO on timely and quality execution of planned activities related to strategic projects and decisions taken by the CEO
- Contribute to the development and promotion of Special Projects under the jurisdiction of the CEO
- Work closely with all stakeholders and government bodies and maintain the inter-government relations
- Manage and coordinate visits of high-level delegates
- Attending and participating constructively in meetings on behalf of the CEO. This includes preparing inputs and making presentations
- Assist in the responses to Legislature queries
- Monitor and control the Office of the CEO budget, this includes tracking expenditure and advising the CEO should corrective measures be necessary
- Facilitate the implementation of standardized processes across the organization
- Ensure that all operations and activities of the Office of the CEO are conducted in accordance with the PFMA, Treasury Regulations, sound business practices, and the other policies and practices approved by the Board
- Manage and monitor performance of the PA in the Office of the CEO
- Work with the CEO on establishing critical priorities for diary management purposes
- Handling of email correspondence
- Effectively manage CEOs’ and Board Members local and international travel arrangement, including preparing submissions for approval
- Provide secretariat services for the CEOs Office and EXCO meetings
- Collation and management of the CEO’s performance evidence file, this includes working with M&E to access documents and presenting to the Group CEO
- Manage collation of inputs from Executive and Senior Managers in response to requests from the CEO, the Board, and shareholder
- Effectively manage the entire organisation’s international relations. This includes the management of the travel process by ensuring compliance with policy and approved GDED process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in Public Management or Business Management with Strong Academic Record, a master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a highly pressured environment, preferably in a high-level executive role
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- A lateral thinker with demonstrated ability of being proactive
- Ability to work efficiently to deliver results within the allotted deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of professional work ethic and integrity
- Must pay attention to detail and yet work efficiently
- Energetic and self-driven individual
- Ability to manage self and others with maturity and diplomacy
- Organizational skills
- Influencing skills and appropriate assertiveness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to liaise with critical stakeholders
- Superior report writing skills
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
Interested individuals should submit a comprehensive CV (clearly stating the position title) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence will be conducted with shortlisted candidates only.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants, who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date, should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021.
TIHMC is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Download – PDF