CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: GROUP FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANTGGDA Web Admin
PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D2, SALARY R699 797 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development. The GGDA has the mandate to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
THE SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENT WILL BE REPORTING TO THE FINANCIAL MANAGER AND WILL BE EXPECTED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Manage Cash Book (Holdings)
- Capture receipts and payments daily
- Prepare a bank reconciliation at the end of the day/ week to reconcile what is received, what has been paid out and to determine what is outstanding
- Manage and review the general ledger bank account daily/weekly
- Prepare Journals (Holdings)
- Prepare the accruals/depreciation and other journals on a monthly basis
- Ensure journals are accounted in the correct month, filed in sequential order, and adequately supported
- Perform balance accounts reconciliations (Holdings)
- GL accounts Reconciliation:
- Balance sheet accounts are reconciled, validated, and verified
- Monthly compliance checklist
- Preparation of Annual Financial statements (Holdings and Group)
- Prepare the AFS in accordance with GRAP/IFRS and companies Act
- Using the Caseware software tool
- Perform dry runs in preparation for the year-end
- Coordinate annual Caseware training for all Group Finance employees
- Ensure that accounting policies are consistently applied at Group level
- . Compile Financial Reports/management accounts (Holdings)
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports
- Prepare management accounts reports
- Prepare quarterly management accounts reports
- Submit reports for approval to Line Manager prior to distribution to the various role players
- Compile reports in accordance with policies, procedures, and legislation
- Ensure all financial reports/management accounts are compiled within the appropriate time frame
- Manage Fixed Assets (Holdings)
- Ensure verification of fixed assets takes place identifying damaged or obsolete assets and to determine the condition of assets, per fixed asset policy.
- Manage the fixed asset process and conduct a physical verification and maintenance of fixed asset register and keep working papers.
- Report on any damaged assets that require write-off and disposal
- Assets are adequately insured
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Com (Accounting) degree
- 3 years in accounting/finance
- 2 years in financial management
- Registration with a professional body
- Managerial finance and budgeting.
- Business Reports Writing.
- Project Management
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Knowledge of Auditor General requirements
- Knowledge of the State Procurement Policies and Practices
- Knowledge of Accounting systems and packages
- Knowledge of Auditing and Accounting Practice
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS, AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 03 June 2022 at 12:00HRS Mid-day
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com