CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INVESTMENT FACILITATION MANAGER X 2GMC Support
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D3, SALARY
R797 130.91TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012), which merged the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA). The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Investment Facilitation and Promotion. He/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To develop key sector action plans aligned to the GGDA mandate and submit for inclusion into the Trade Investment and Regulatory Enablement business unit’s operational plan.
- Champion and develop investment attraction and facilitation plans for identified high growth sectors and infrastructure projects in the five economic corridors of Gauteng.
- Contribute towards achieving company targets in terms of investments facilitated both Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and Domestic Direct Investments (DDI) and job creation
- Provide investors with relevant industry/sector information to enable them to invest in Gauteng
- Contribute towards the attainment of goals and objectives of the Growing Gauteng Together 2030 (GGT2030) strategy insofar it relates the trade and investment.
- Identify companies seeking new investment locations and to market Gauteng City Region to potential investors
- Provide information to potential investors regarding the investment opportunities in the Gauteng City Region and the investment environment, unique selling proposition and competitive advantages of the Province
- Collaborate with sector relevant bodies and to undertake joint events and strategies to attract and for the benefit of investors.
- Assess and analyse business plans for possible investments/projects
- Liaise with all spheres of government and their agencies to ensure the resolution of challenges faced by investors
- Act as a link between local municipalities and potential investors to ensure unblocking of regulatory bottlenecks
- Assist to identify sites for projects taking into consideration the infrastructure needs of investors
- Prepare pre-and post- investment mission reports within prescribed time frames
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Set-up meetings with key role players to discuss and agree on the roles, responsibilities and possible areas of cooperation, to improve investor servicing and minimise potential areas of conflict
- Liaising closely with investors, research institutions, financial industry, consultancy firms and other relevant stakeholders to develop new solutions and opportunities for both the GGDA and Investors.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders like Marketing and Communications (MARCOMMS) and Macro Business Intelligence (MBI) to ensure the sector/industry receives the requisite level of exposure to enable it to contribute to the attainment of strategic goals
- Monitor the performance of all relevant role players continuously to ensure that agreements are honoured
- Compile and maintain a database of key role players, expected outputs, contact details and ensure the information is accurate and relevant
- Lobby regulatory authorities on behalf of existing and potential investors for improved investment climate and therefore contributing to the ease of doing business.
AS MINIMUM APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant B Degree or equivalent qualifications in Commerce or Economics
- Project Management capabilities with at least 5 – 7 years’ experience in project management
- Sound industry experience and proven track record in investment facilitation
- Computer literate
LEVEL OF COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Result orientation and proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills– verbal and written: Ability to compose and exchange information concisely for the type and level of audience
- Strong presentation skills: Ability to confidently present information and communicate well at senior management level using appropriate language and style.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to collect all relevant information, identify key issues/relationships and relate and compare data from different sources to identify opportunities.
- Strong project management competencies
- Understanding of investment promotion and facilitation environment and regulation of key industries
- Good knowledge and strong interest in some of the high growth sectors in the GGT 2030.
- Customer Orientation/focus: Ability to listen and understand customer requirements (internal and external) and anticipate customer needs and give priority to customer satisfaction
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org