CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: MANAGER: COMPLIANCE, MONITORING & EVALUATIONGMC Support
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D3, SALARY R649 444.00 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM)
The Gauteng IDZ Development Company SOC Ltd (‘GIDZ’ or Gauteng IDZ’) is a Special Purpose Vehicle established by the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency to manage the establishment and operationalization of defined infrastructure programmes at the designated Industrial Development Zone (‘IDZ’) at the OR Tambo International Airport.
The establishment of the Gauteng IDZ was undertaken in support of the IDZ programme initiated by National Government, which programme, amongst others, called for the establishment of dedicated vehicles to manage the IDZ process in designated IDZ areas, of which the OR Tambo International Airport is one such area. The mandate of the Gauteng IDZ is to create an enabling platform for investment opportunities through public/private partnerships and direct development investment.
The intention is for the Gauteng IDZ to drive focused manufacturing and beneficiation programmes whilst helping to position Gauteng as a global city region. Key to delivering this mandate is that these programmes will use international best practices and will increase industrialisation and manufacturing capability in Gauteng. The Gauteng IDZ will support the GGDA in its aim that key Provincial Strategies are supported in a manner that ensures success of those strategies.
The successful incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
To monitor and report on GIDZ’s compliance to IDZ (or SEZ) requirements and regulations. To coordinate activities for the development of corporate strategy, annual performance plan, and provide support in managing the strategic planning and reporting processes as required from time to time by the Strategic Executive: Operations, in order to ensure that GIDZ has comprehensive processes directed at the achievement of performance targets.
- Develop an appropriate reporting system for the collection of performance information across the GIDZ.
- Collation of performance information into the approved system
- Prepare reports on a regular basis (monthly, Quarterly)
- Coordinate the activities relating to development of the corporate strategy and annual business planning
- Collate necessary data for compilation of strategy document and the APP
- Liaise with other business units to facilitate development and implementation of a scorecard for reporting as agreed upon with relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement a reporting framework for all business units to ensure seamless reporting and alignment
- Prepare the reporting schedule with clear guidelines
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports as and when required
- Collate relevant documentation/guidelines to verify and consolidate reports on organisational performance in term of strategic objectives
- Ensure effective operations in respect of matters pertaining to planning, shareholder relationship, and assume full responsibility of performance monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate compilation of board packs for GIDZ Audit Risk Committee and Board and ensure all Board packs reach Group Company Secretary timeously
- Provide Secretariat services for the GIDZ Management Committee
- Continuous improvement in relation to performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Develop and implement a system to verify performance information across the GIDZ.
- Manage performance information evidence files for quarterly and year-end audits.
- Ensure GIDZ adopts best practice methods for performance reporting.
- Identify and implement reporting efficiencies and technology
- Co-ordinate all risk management matters in the GIDZ in consultation with the GGDA Risk Management unit.
- Co-ordinate the updating of Risk Register for GIDZ at all times.
- With guidance from the GGDA Risk Management unit, ensure reasonable Risk Management measures in the GIDZ.
- Co-ordinate all Risk Management reporting responsibilities as and when required. With guidance from GGDA Legal & Compliance unit, ensure compliance of GIDZ to all applicable legislation.
- With guidance from GGDA Legal & Compliance unit, ensure the implementation of the necessary compliance measures in the GIDZ.
- With guidance from GGDA Legal & Compliance unit, co-ordinate all GIDZ Compliance reporting responsibilities as and when required.
- Assist with fostering effective communications and ensure appropriate relationships are maintained with the shareholders of the GIDZ, relevant stakeholders and agencies.
- Manage and oversee the required reporting between the GIDZ, the Board and other stakeholders.
- Cultivate and promote good corporate image.
- Maintain and protect the GIDZ’s corporate brand
- To ensure integration and collaboration between the GIDZ and relevant agencies
- Implement monitoring tool across GIDZ’s business.
- Manage PI reporting in the in line with operational requirements,
- Keep Management fully informed of all significant operational policy developments.
- Develop/maintain effective and efficient information management system specific to Performance information reporting
As minimum applicants should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in organisational performance
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a multiple public sector agency
- Work experience in a public sector agency is an added advantage.
Level of Competencies required:
- Working knowledge of PFMA
- Business Report Writing;
- Quality assurance
- Monitoring organisational performance
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance legislation and frameworks including the Companies Act and King 3.
- A very good understanding of the relationships between the GIDZ and its shareholder and strategic external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of State Agencies operations.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of forecasting, budgeting and financial management.
- Knowledge of national and provincial government priorities and impact on GIDZ priorities.
- Knowledge of political, economic and social aspects relating to the Gauteng Province.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2021 at 12:00HRS and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to people living with disability and previously disadvantaged individuals.
Enquiries and application submissions should be addressed to email@example.com