CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PROGRAMME MANAGER: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONSGMC Support
(THREE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY NEGOTIABLE UP TO R1.4M PER ANNUM – TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
Programme Manager: Business Development Marketing and Communications will report to the Programme Director: Vaal SEZ and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Develop and implement the Communications and Marketing Strategy to guide the marketing and communications activities and programmes within the Vaal SEZ.
- Develop and implement a Business Development Strategy to identify and attract investors and strategic partners for the Vaal SEZ Programme;
- Lead the facilitation and negotiation of investments for the Vaal SEZ Programme and the provision of aftercare services for investors;
- Implement and monitor reputation management system and processes.
- Develop on an annual basis a media strategy and implementation programme for media needs of the Vaal SEZ.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletter and related communications materials
- Media writing including thought leadership articles and features.
- Produce quarterly media analysis reports.
- Organise media briefings.
- Develop advertising strategy and implementation plan, including and not limited to print, electronic and public outreach.
- Oversee the marketing of the Vaal SEZ to enhance the brand and profile of Organisation, as well as the programmes and services.
- Create communication strategies for new products/projects, launches, events and promotions
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to secure information to be packaged for promotional purpose and distributed to internal and external stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce or related field; A post graduate qualification in Commerce or an MBA/L will be an added advantage.
- 8+years’ experience in business development, investment promotion, marketing, communications and public relations/public affairs experience in a government or corporate environment
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in senior management position, ideally managing multiple public and private sector stakeholder interests
- Knowledge and understanding of the Trade and Investment promotion opportunities for Gauteng and the positioning strategies of its direct competitors
- In-depth knowledge of how the public sector operates
- Sound Interpersonal Skills and people management Ability to work under pressure, and implement sound change management
- Dynamic and Results Driven,
- Excellent Programme Management.
- Understanding socio-economic, developmental needs and challenges in SA
- Sound Facilitation and Networking skills
- Policy advocacy and negotiating skills
- PFMA regulation and provisions
- Management of Service Level Agreement
- Economic development trends and best practices
- Financial management principles
Applications must be accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, and certified copy of an identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 21 June 2021 12h00 midday and only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download – PDF