CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PROGRAMME MANAGER BUSINESS PLANNING AND REPORTINGGMC Support
(THREE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY NEGOTIABLE UP TO R1.4M PER ANNUM – TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Programme Director: Vaal SEZ, he/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
Coordinate the development of the Vaal SEZ PMU’s Strategic Plan, Annual Performance Plan, Risk Management and Coordinate documents required for Board and Audit and Risk meetings.
- Monitor and Report on performance of the organisation
- Development of organisations’ Strategic Plan and Annual Performance Plan
- Revision of units’ operational plans aligned to budget adjustments
- Coordination of project planning process
- Establishment of a monitoring function through the development of clear procedures
- Monitor organisational/group performance against the corporate scorecard.
- Monitor business unit performance against operational plans
- Compile quarterly performance reports for the shareholder.
- Compile performance evidence files for the shareholder
- Compile the organisations Corporate, Fraud and Risk registers
- Monitor the organisations’/ group corporate, fraud and divisional risk registers.
- Report on risk mitigation plans to shareholder and EXCO
- Compile risks reports for the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board
- Supporting the development of long-term organizational strategy.
- Aligning departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Own and drive the strategy formulation and strategic alignment process. Develop
- strategic plans and associated performance measurement metrics (scorecards);
- Advise the internal stakeholders on strategic matters.
- Strategic environmental analysis.
- Strategic planning framework.
- facilitating strategic planning workshops,
- developing achievable goals and implementing processes that improve organizational effectiveness and build a sustainable competitive advantage.
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field; relevant Post Graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5-years’ experience in management position
- Project management best practice
- Business management
- Managerial finance and budgeting
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills (knowledge of relevant frameworks for monitoring)
- Understanding of risk management
- Strategic Capability and leadership
- Programme and Project Management
- PFMA regulations and provisions
- Stakeholder management
- creativity and a strong aspiration to achieve customer excellence
- Strategy development
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning,
- resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, legal codes, precedents, government regulations
- PFMA regulations and provisions
- PFMA reporting guidelines and process
- Economic development trends and best practices
Applications must be accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, and certified copy of an identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 21 June 2021 12h00 midday and only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com.
Download – PDF