CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PROGRAMME MANAGER INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING AND INVESTMENTGMC Support
(THREE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY NEGOTIABLE UP TO R1.4M PER ANNUM – TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the
Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by
facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic
development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
The successful incumbent will report to the Programme Director: Vaal SEZ and will be
expected to execute the following tasks:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive SEZ operational services programme covering improvements and maintenance of all roads, water and wastewater facilities, solid waste, electricity and related facilities.
- Conduct engineering assessments, review and provide engineering methods and technical expertise to the management and consultants.
- Provide Civil Engineering Technical inputs into the planning and design of all capital and major infrastructure projects and overseeing the construction of all major infrastructure projects.
- Process all land-use and development proposals for approval.
- Ensure the development, re-zoning and sub-division applications, building permits and other similar applications are processed thoroughly and timeously.
- Serve as a professional liaison to the Programme Director to the municipalities, Provincial departments and community, including developers, partners, organizations and neighboring municipalities.
- Direct and oversee environmental planning process for the proposed Vaal SEZ.
- Develop implement and monitor the proposed SEZ policies, procedures and standards to guide and direct engineering, planning and operational activities and staff and ensure full
compliance with legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare budgets, authorize and monitor expenditure to ensure they remain within the approved budget parameters, and recommend changes to budgets when required.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary processes to facilitate attainment of bulk
allocation/development rights required for the land within the approved programme and budget.
- Provide support for the appointment of the required professional service providers’ teams for the compilation of the integrated master development plan and construction programme, based on the organizational strategy, business plan and budget.
- Management of all professional service providers’ teams required for the planning, design and delivery of the integrated master development plan and the required infrastructure in line with the business plan and budget.
- Provide technical support on all processes for alternative funding approvals such as PPP to ensure appropriate infrastructure funding, delivery and uptake as per the integrated master development plan.
- Provide technical advice and/or support to ensure attainment of the approved infrastructure uptake to enable attainment of required occupancy levels and returns on investments.
- Complete conceptual analysis on potential projects (preliminary feasibility studies).
- Completed and approved detailed feasibility studies & integrated Business Plans/Business Cases documented for prospective projects.
- Identify project related risks and recommend/define appropriate measures to mitigate risk
- Continuous monitoring of projects performance.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering, Planning or related field plus at least 7 -10 years’ experience in a Senior Management position/Project Management
- Registered with either ECSA, SACPCMP, PMI or any relevant Built Environment
- Ability and experienced in managing complex infrastructure projects
- Ability to make high-level business presentations and decisions.
- Ability to raise capital for projects
- Knowledge of strategic projects development and implementation
- Knowledge of PFMA
- Considerable knowledge of project management engineering, planning and development legislation policies and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of computer software, engineering and planning programmes and the MS Office environment
- Ability to interpret bylaws, resolutions, contracts, official records and related documents and prepare draft materials when required.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of
qualifications and certified copies of identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
The closing date for applications is 21 June 2021 12h00 Midday and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com.
Download – PDF