CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PROGRAMME MANAGER: STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENTGMC Support
(THREE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY NEGOTIABLE UP TO R1.4M PER ANNUM – TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
Programme Manager: Stakeholder Relations will report to the Programme Director: Vaal
SEZ and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Develop and implement a stakeholder interface strategy and plan.
- Identify Vaal SEZ’s key strategic partners and stakeholders.
- Cluster the strategic identified partners in order to develop working plans with each of the Clusters.
- Develop, co-ordinate, support and monitor the implementation of a structured programme
of interaction between Vaal SEZ and strategic partners including communities, stakeholders
and inter-governmental structures.
- Co-ordinate and align the work of Vaal SEZ with that of key partners, stakeholders and other
identified strategic groupings.
- Build linkages between Vaal SEZ’s integrated communications system and the Programme
Director’s outreach and engagement plans.
- Work closely with line departments and units in coordinating strategic relations with
communities and identified stakeholders and partners.
- Convene and attend meetings between Vaal SEZ, organized formations, representatives
and members of various bodies.
- Produce an annual strategic partners’ and stakeholders’ outreach programme
- Support the required interaction between the Vaal SEZ and the public.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Commerce, Social Sciences, Public Administration, or
another relevant discipline.
- 5 – 7 yrs experience in economic development or relevant industry experience
- 8+ years’ experience in stakeholder management, public relations/public affairs experience
in a government or corporate environment
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in management position, ideally managing multiple public and
private sector stakeholder interests
- Stakeholder Management, Relationship Management, Political acumen, Policy analysis, Stakeholder Relations; Government policies and priorities, Diplomatic Relations and Protocol, Governance and Risk Management, Communication, and influence; SEZ Environment and legislation
- Sound Interpersonal Skills and people management
- Ability to work under pressure, and implement sound change management.
- Dynamic and Results Driven,
- Excellent Programme Management.
- Understanding socio-economic, developmental needs and challenges in SA
- Sound Facilitation and Networking skills
- Policy advocacy and negotiating skills
- PFMA regulation and provisions
- Management of Service Level Agreement
- Economic development trends and best practices
- Financial management principles
Applications must be accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications,
and certified copy of an identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 21 June 2021 12h00 midday and only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download – PDF