CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SECTOR SPECIALIST: MANUFACTURING AND ENERGYGMC Support
(THREE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY NEGOTIABLE UP TO R1.4M PER ANNUM – TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Supplier Park Development Company (SPDC) t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Programme Director: Vaal SEZ. The
overall objective of the position is to;
- Provide relevant market information, identify value chains and conduct in-depth sector
analysis for the manufacturing and energy sectors for purposes of market intelligence and
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the manufacturing and energy
sectors to advance the investment promotion objectives of the Vaal SEZ Programme
As minimum applicants should have the following requirements:
Required minimum qualification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Commerce or related field would be an added advantage.
- Required minimum work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in doing research, analytical and strategy work.
- Strong background in sector analysis.
- Significant experience and networks within the manufacturing and energy sectors.
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing and / or energy sectors.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Business Analytics and Economic Research.
- Broad understanding of the industrial development policies of government.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Corporate Governance and King Code 3
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the PFMA and National Treasury Regulations, and other related legislation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of risk management.
- Business Acumen
- Vision and Strategic Focus
- Performance Enabler
- Emotional Intelligence
- Alliance & Partnership Building
- Integrity and ethical behaviour
- Innovation and initiative
- Customer focus and loyalty
- High Performing Organisation
- Organisational Commitment
- Results focus
- Financial Management
- Impact Communication
- Programme Management
- Commitment to learning
Applications must be accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of
qualifications, and certified copy of an identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged.
individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 21 June 2021 12h00 midday and only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com.
Download – PDF