CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR MANAGER BUSINESS INTELLIGENCEGMC Support
(5 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY R1 135, 491, 91 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing agency of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012), which merged the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA). The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Executive: Macro Business Intelligence. The incumbent will be required to lead economic research and enable effective delivery of business intelligence using credible provincial, national and global economic data. The incumbent will provide advisory leadership to the GGDA group and the provincial ecosystem by assessing the feasibility and economic impact on provincial governments plans. Additionally, he/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Enhance and implement the Macro Business Intelligence Framework to guide the gathering of business intelligence, research, benchmarks, as well as the formulation of strategies, plans and policies.
- Develops, execute a research agenda for the GGDA and its subsidiaries.
- Develop, execute, review and report on Departmental strategy and operational plan aligned to the GGDA Corporate Strategy.
- Develop and oversee implementation of macro business intelligence (with clear approach, methodology and tools) which enhances the conceptualisation, planning, execution, monitoring and review of all GGDA initiatives and projects within GGDA and Subsidiaries.
- Manage outsourced contracts with service providers (research agencies, business intelligence companies, institutes, institutions of learning) so that service providers provide contracted services as per signed service level agreements.
- Lead and manage the Department in line with the approved policies, applicable laws and the delegated authority by facilitate resource availability for operational effectiveness.
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics or related analytical fields
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a senior management level/role
- Understanding of Economic Development Plans across the 3 spheres of government
- Clear solution-oriented understanding of socio-economic challenges of South Africa
- Knowledge of the role of the GGDA in fostering trade, economic growth and socio-economic transformation;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Proven track record of leading research teams
- Proven track record of impactful research delivery through data driven methods and tools.
- Agile and results driven demeanor with the ability to work under pressure
- Advanced analytical skills
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copy of the identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2021 12h00 Midday and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org