CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR MANAGER: INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)GMC Support
(5 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY R1 111, 501, 88 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012), which merged the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA). The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Executive: Corporate Services and he/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To provide overall management and to coordinate the Information and Communication Technology and infrastructure function to ensure that all ICT systems and processes add value to the strategic objectives of GGDA.
- Develop the ICT Master plan for GGDA aligned with the overall strategic objectives of the organisation
- Align GGDA information management (information management systems included) and information technology (as enabler) strategy with the strategic direction, management plans and the business processes of GGDA.
- Manage the information technology function of GGDA and ensure the establishment of sound information systems management.
- Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluate systems to measure their success.
- Compile and manage the ICT budget
- Maintain internal relationships with GGDA staff, including but not limited to the executives.
- Maintain external relationships with service providers and suppliers, and external consultants on specific projects.
- Provide input in the development of internal control policies, processes and procedures in line with any relevant legislation and best practices.
- Ensure that compliance requirements have been built into policies and procedures of GGDA and also into the manuals of GGDA where appropriate.
- Report on ICT performance in accordance with the ICT Governance Framework
- Identify and manage the ICT risks of the organisation.
- Monitor and establish a culture that contributes to the overall objective of prudent risk management by GGDA.
- Develop standardized ICT processes and standards across GGDA and its subsidiaries.
- Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for all operations and activities of the division and take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of the internal control and management information systems.
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Information Technology/Systems.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience as an ICT Manager and at least 5 years’ experience at a Senior Manager Level.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of ICT across the spectrum of technologies, standards, methodologies and best practices.
- In depth knowledge of solution and design technique.
- Understanding of Workflow (processes and procedures).
- Knowledge of computer flow charts, & programming logic.
- Ability to make high-level business presentations and decisions.
- Knowledge of strategy development and implementation.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity document.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com