CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: CHIEF EXCUTIVE OFFICER: AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLY PARK t/a AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (AIDC)GGDA Web Admin
(FIVE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE F1, SALARY PACKAGE NEGOTIABLE TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization. Ensure alignment to shareholder objectives and provide shareholder value whilst providing world-class solutions to enhance the automotive sector’s, inclusive of the Aerospace and Defence Industries. Oversee company operations, both services and facilities management, to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources with due consideration to risks. The successful incumbent will report to the GGDA Group CEO and AIDC Board of Directors. The expected deliverables are as follows:
- Establishes and provides strategic direction for the Company which supports both government’s socio-economic outcomes as well as industry’s global competitiveness requirements.
- Plans and directs the Company’s activities to achieve agreed targets and standards for financial, operational performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence
- Fosters a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, integrity and a constructive work climate, enabling the Company to attract, retain and motivate a diverse group of quality employees.
- Keeps the Board and Holding company fully informed on all aspects of the Company’s operational and financial affairs, and on all matters of significant relevance to the Company.
- Liaises with the automotive industry (public & private sector plus organised labour) and political principals to initiate business development actions and strategies and to capitalize on opportunities.
- Assess the viability of the opportunities and make recommendations regarding the profitability and sustainability of the opportunities identified.
- Develops the network of business opportunities and/or expansion
- Liaises with the automotive industry (public & private sector plus organised labour) and political principals to initiate business development actions and strategies and to capitalize on opportunities
- Provides effective leadership to the management and the employees of the company and establishes an effective means of control and coordination for all operations and activities
- Preference is an Eng Degree (Industrial/Mechanical) or Relevant qualifications in Business Management; or Business Administration or Economics.
- A minimum of 10 years executive management/leadership plus 5 years automotive/manufacturing sector experience
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Development and Property Management
- Knowledge of Facilities Management
- Experience in socio-economic sector development activities is essential
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience is essential in a technical automotive environment
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 02 August 2021 at 12:00HRS and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com
Download – PDF