CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: GROUP EXECUTIVE (ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE)GGDA Web Admin
(FIVE YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE E5, SALARY PACKAGE NEGOTIABLE TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementing arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development. The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the impactful delivery of GGDA mandated strategic projects. This function covers strategic enterprise project management across a spectrum of projects ranging from capital projects to investment projects and province-wide catalytic multi-partner projects. The successful incumbent will report to the Group Chief Executive Officer and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Lead, direct and guide the EPMO unit to initiate and facilitate effective execution of strategies and plans,
- Develop the Programme Implementation divisional strategy and plan aligned to the strategic objectives of the GGDA,
- Coordination across a variety of multi-partner strategic projects to ensure delivery
- Give input into the GDED’s overall strategic development and planning,
- Implement, manage, monitor, and assess a strategic enterprise project management toolset to drive delivery of strategic projects both directly in the GGDA and in the subsidiaries,
- Scenario planning to monitor and manage annual budget and report major financial commitments, exposures, and risks to the CEO in a regular and timely basis
- Establish programmes and projects governance framework,
- Ensuring the integrity of the programmes and projects – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programmes and projects; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate technical and specialist standards,
- Managing the dependencies and interfaces between programmes and projects,
- Develop and manage an infrastructure plan for the GGDA Group
- Ensure effective management of consultants and construction contract
- Ensure effective, timeous and implementation is undertaken with the amounts and timelines.
- Preference is a Post Graduate Degree in Built Environment Sector (Construction Management, Quantity Survey, Civil Engineering) or Project Management
- In depth expertise and proven track record in using strategic enterprise project management to drive organizational impact in complex operating environments
- 10 years of experience in a Senior Management position, with 3 – 5 years at an executive level in the Technical Services Management, Economic Development, or Town Planning
- Experience in using enterprise project management software packages will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of economic development.
- Good working knowledge in planning, development and implementation of value add of catalyst/high impact projects.
- Knowledge of financial management, project financing and financial modelling
- Good working knowledge of strategy and operational planning.
- Good working knowledge of PFMA, PPPFA, Company Law and relevant regulations/laws.
- Detail knowledge of socio-economic aspects relating to the Gauteng Province
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 02 August 2021 at 12:00HRS and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com
Download – PDF