CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (EPMO)GGDA Web Admin
(FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY OFFER: R1’027 636.00 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA). The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub (TIH)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City-Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating the delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
✓ Business enablement
✓ Establishment of capital projects
✓ Land development
✓ Trade and investment promotion.
The successful incumbent will be reporting to Group Executive: EPMO he/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Financial leadership through the following means:
o Ensuring availability of project implementation funds
o Sourcing of alternative funding
o Monitor and control project management expenditure
o Ensure closure of each project financially
- Manage stakeholders by:
o Fostering effective communications and ensuring that appropriate relationships are maintained with the relevant stakeholders and agencies, and monitor potential risks and maximize project success;
o Managing and overseeing the required interaction between the GGDA and the public;
o Managing third-party contributions to the programmes and projects.
o Managing the dependencies and interfaces between programmes and projects
o Ensure harmonious relations with all key stakeholders.
- Perform good corporate governance & compliance functions through:
o Ensure compliance with Programme Governance Framework requirements.
o Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for the Project, and take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of the internal control and management information systems;
o Ensure that all operations and activities of the Project are conducted in accordance with the PFMA, relevant regulations, the GGDA’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, sound business practices, and the other policies and practices approved by the Board;
o Foster a high-performance corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity, accountability, and social responsibility;
As minimum applicants should have the following requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Survey plus a Project Management Qualification
- Registration with the ASAQS/SAQSP and SAPCMP
- At least 3 years experience in Project Management Environment
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Full Understanding of Engineering Contracts and Contracts Administration
- Ability to make high-level business presentations and decisions.
- Knowledge of strategic projects development and implementation
- Knowledge of PFMA
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, and certified copies of identity documentation.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 29 November 2021 at 12:00HRS Mid-day. Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download – PDF